Learning Through Horses seeks new Trustee
Learning Through Horses is a North London based charity delivering alternative education and work experience programmes, which, through working with horses, provide an opportunity for disengaged and / or vulnerable young people and adults to develop vital skills required to further their employment and educational success.
Working alongside our charity partner, Strength in Horses which offers equine therapy to similar troubled or vulnerable young people, we offer an alternative to traditional therapy or education settings and find that many clients respond incredibly well to interacting with the horses and having the freedom of being outdoors.
We are looking to expand our Board in general and would welcome applications from anyone interested in joining. In addition to any special areas of expertise you can contribute, the duties of a trustee are to:
• Ensure the organisation complies with its governing document, charitable law and any other relevant legislation or regulations to ensure the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document and applies resources exclusively in fulfilling its objectives;
• Safeguard the good name and values of the organisation and represent it at functions and meetings as appropriate;
• Be collectively responsible for the actions of the organisation and other trustees, while ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation;
• Ensure the financial stability of the organisation;
• Make sure the organisation is properly insured against all reasonable liabilities;
• Declare any conflict of interest while carrying out the duties of a trustee;
• Use any specific knowledge and experience to help the board reach sound decisions.
Please click here for further information and application details.