BCKR works with lawyers to help them navigate, in a time efficient manner, the relatively unknown world of identifying and securing non-executive roles. Through regular live webinars, we highlight the obstacles often faced by lawyers when presenting themselves outside of the context of their legal role and show how they can be overcome by offering a greater understanding of three things:
- What exactly they can do – our website and weekly email alerts provide notice of pre-screened positions in the charity, not-for-profit and government sectors which should be compatible alongside full time legal roles. An example of one of our most recent roles posted to our website can be found at the end of the page. Amongst the inspiring speaker events that BCKR offers, NEDs from different sectors, often former lawyers, discuss the real roles they hold and how they came to get them.
- How to go about it – some BCKR events offer informed guidance on the application and appointment process and how to come across as more than a lawyer when required. They cover for instance, CV style, who they will be up against, what skills they will need to demonstrate and importantly, how to network for themselves rather than for their firm or employer.
- Who they need to meet – BCKR will give its members the knowhow and confidence to build a portfolio network. As well as specific advice on how to build up new networks, BCKR offers members regular opportunities to meet practicing and retired lawyers who have found NED roles, headhunters who specialise in trustee and board appointments and sympathetic chairmen, senior NEDs and trustees.
We email our members a weekly list of publicly advertised roles for non-executive directors and trustees, most of which are compatible with a full-time role. An example of a recent posting can found below.
Our core offering is available for individual lawyers or through corporate membership, for all partners at a firm or senior lawyers in an organisation.
An exciting opportunity for a trustee with a fresh registered Anti-bullying Charity; as a board member you will be ask to take important decisions for the future of the charity and bring in your expertise for other leading tasks.
It’s an anti-bullying Charity CIO founded in 2017 and registered with the charity commission since 2018; providing anti bullying programme to schools and one to one Counselling support, raising awareness and understanding of the effects of bullying. We are currently present in UK, and Italy, with the plan of opening in US; we have already built solid relationship and we keep expanding at a fast pace.
Trustee – open position
We are looking to recruit more Trustees for our anti-bullying charity.
Searching for Individuals from different backgrounds to help running the charity and also take on/lead specific tasks depending on their back ground.
At the moment we are looking for finance, accountancy, audit, event management and legal background for 4 positions:
Legal Leader trustee
Event Management Leader Trustee
If you would not like to sit on the board as a trustee, but would still like to volunteer with us, please do get in touch with us via this page and we would love to discuss with you how we can work together.
What are we looking for?
What we need people with the following experience:
- an accountant
- a lawyer
- someone with fundraising experience
- primary/secondary school staff
If you belong to a different background, but you think you could fit the charity needs please come forward. We need individuals very committed to our cause and the job required, very determined and passionate about it. There are periods were there will be tight deadlines to meet, you must be willing to put all your efforts into it. Prior trustee experience a plus, but not essential.
Please click here for further information.