City of Chelmsford Mencap seeks new Trustee – legal background welcomed
City of Chelmsford Mencap is looking for new trustees to join its Board at a significant point in its development.
As we approach our 70th year of providing highly-respected services to those with a learning disability in the mid-Essex region, we are looking to accelerate our growth and to expand our reach and services. In order to do this we need to broaden the knowledge and experience of our Board. We are a warm and friendly group of committed individuals – please contact us to find out more!
We are looking for new trustees who will bring experience, knowledge, a can-do attitude (and a good sense of humour) to our Board. We would welcome all skills and attributes but, at present, we would particularly welcome applicants with a legal, HR, educational or fundraising background.
- A commitment to the charity
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort, including between meetings
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement and integrity
- An ability to think creatively
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- The ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Organised and self-motivated
- General competence with IT
- The ability to read and understand management reports
- The ability to research and ask probing questions
Please click here for further information.