Sir Richard Stapley Educational Trust seeks new Trustee – law expertise welcomed
Do you want to help improve access to postgraduate education? The Sir Richard Stapley Educational Trust is seeking a new trustee
Our educational trust helps academically gifted, mature students overcome financial and other barriers to postgraduate education. We are a registered charity working across the UK.
We welcome applications from all members of the community, including younger people and those from BAME communities.
- To contribute actively to giving firm strategic direction to the Trust, setting overall policy, defining goals and evaluating performance
- Scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance
- Scoring grant applications once a year
- Networking, acting as an ambassador and winning support externally.
- Committed to the Trust and its mission to improve access to postgraduate education
- Extensive experience of postgraduate education in the UK
- Strategic vision and experience of strategic planning
- Ideally, experience as a trustee
- Ideally, academic or professional expertise in law, music, arts or education.
We recently celebrated our trust’s centenary. The new trustee will help to steer the charity through an exciting period of development.
Our trustees are unpaid but we pay travel and other out of pocket expenses and provide an induction into the Trust’s work. For further details about the Trust, a Trustee Information pack and application details please see our website.