Trestle Theatre Company in St Albans seeks new Trustee – legal expertise sought
Trestle Theatre Company is a mask & physical theatre company that has been delivering education workshops & training since 1981. Our mission is to inspire creativity through participation & dialogue & our ever-engaging masks.
Following a staffing restructure in November 2019 & the consequent challenges that COVID 19 has bought to the sector this year, Trestle Theatre Company are looking for new Trustees to join them on the next phase of their journey as they move into their 40th Birthday year.
Trestle is committed to its Board being representative of the communities we work with. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds & particularly encourage interest from minoritised ethnic communities, those with lived experience of disability & those under 25. If you need this information in any other format/would like an informal conversation about the role please contact Clare Winter or Helen Barnett on 01727 850950
· To ensure the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law & any other relevant legislation/regulations.
· To ensure the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document.
· To ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives.
· To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in supporting the strategic direction of the organisation, helping to shape overall policy & assist Senior Management in defining goals, setting & evaluating performance against agreed targets.
· To safeguard the good name & values of the organisation.
· To ensure the management team administer the organisation effectively & efficiently.
· To ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
· To ensure the charity’s property is managed efficiently & effectively by the management team.
· To appoint & support the Executive Director/Creative Director & monitor their performance.
We are looking for passionate people with a commitment to the organisation so, although experience of sitting on a Board or Experience of committee work is desirable, it is not essential to have prior experience & we are happy to provide training & mentorship where necessary.
Please click here for further information.