Every Child, Every Day Academy Trust seeks new Non-Executive Directors – legal expertise welcomed
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in South West London? Every Child, Every Day Academy Trust seeks four non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held at TW10 7HN when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Every Child, Every Day Academy Trust is comprised of Grey Court School and The Hollyfield School. The trust has a third local secondary school (Chessington School) joining in January. The trust currently provides an education for a total of 2,629 pupils, with 320 employees and operates with a budget of £15.40 million, this will increase when the third school joins the trust. The trust seeks four non-executive directors to join the board to support its aspirations to grow by adding primary feeder schools which will add hugely to the offer to students, parents, staff and the local community.
The board seeks four business leaders with board level experience in
- Branding/ Marketing or
- HR or
- Legal/ Compliance or
- Secondary Education Leadership or
- Corporate governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Raising standards – The trust aims to raise the standards for all pupils and in particular disadvantaged and vulnerable as well as other lower and higher performing cohorts.
- Covid-19 response – It is important to the trust to maintain the standards of teaching and keep a robust offer for all students in spite of the restrictions posed by Covid-19. The focus is on the identification of pupils who are vulnerable to lost learning and the development of strategies to compensate, including providing additional resource and one-to-one support.
- New school integration – The trust will need to ensure that the standards are improved across the schools following the integration of the new school in 2021 and that policies and key savings are fully embedded across all academies within the trust.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
Please click here for further information.