Beacon Multi Academy Trust seeks Non-Executive Directors – legal expertise sought
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Ilford? Beacon Multi Academy Trust seeks two non-executives/directors with experience in the areas of corporate governance, legal/compliance or strong links to higher education to join its board and add to the support and challenge as the trust grows through its next stage of development.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Beacon Multi-Academy Trust (BMAT) consists of 3 secondary schools all based within the London Borough of Redbridge. BMAT’s core purpose is simple: to help all students reach their full potential. BMAT celebrates the diversity of their students and has created a varied range of institutions to reflect the communities they serve. BMAT wants its pupils to live well and thrive academically and personally into adulthood. They ensure this by developing a solid foundation of skills to prepare them to play their part in society successfully and to achieve their full potential through informed choices, seizing opportunities and being able to live the life they choose. This is embodied by their approach to raise standards in education for everyone through high expectations inclusive practice. BMAT believes every young person deserves to have the best education possible.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- Corporate Governance or
- Legal/Compliance or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Balancing the BMAT budget with reduced income; whilst maintaining the quality of provision. The trust has its finances under firm control but is mindful of financial pressures and consequently keeps this as a key focus.
- Future proof BMAT leadership succession planning and development.
- Three year growth and expansion plan to maximize income, value for money and mitigate identified risks.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
Please click here for further information.