Langley Park Learning Trust seeks new Non-Executive Directors – legal/compliance expertise sought
This is an opportunity to contribute to the community within Beckenham, Kent by becoming an Academy Ambassador at Langley Park Learning Trust. LPLT seeks two non-executive directors/trustees with either executive level leadership experience or human resources or legal and compliance backgrounds. Board meetings are held at BR3 3BE when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Langley Park Learning Trust is a multi-academy trust composed of five secondary and primary academies. The trust, now two years post its inception, has a budget of £24.6 million, employs 538 staff and educates approximately 4,305 students. The trust seeks two non-executive directors/trustees to support its many ambitious goals including, ensuring all five of its schools achieve OFSTED Outstanding and excellent outcomes for disadvantaged pupils.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- Executive Leadership (of a commercial or charitable company) or
- Strategic Human Resources or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Ambitious Educational Targets: All five schools to achieve OFSTED Outstanding
- To develop a Culture of Collaboration enabling staff to collaborate across schools to foster continuous improvement
- Investment in People and Talent including recruitment and retention of staff
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please click here for further information.