Oxfordshire MIND seeks new Trustee
Looking to volunteer your time and knowledge to support Oxfordshire’s mental health? This charity wants to hear from you!
We are recruiting new Trustees – people whose life experiences and/or work experiences provide expertise to support their organisation in promoting good mental health through the provision of high-quality services and campaigning for positive change.
Trustees play a vital role as board members, ensuring the organisation has solid plans in progress to achieve their aims and that their funding is being used appropriately to do this.
Trustee positions are open to people of any age, background, or identity whose experiences connect with one or more of the following areas:
- Lived experience of mental health issues facing children and young people
- Lived experience of mental health issues facing adults
- Experience in finance and/or accountancy
- Experience connected with fundraising
- Experience in NHS or local mental health commissioning
- Experience in [charity] law and regulations
The charity is learning and growing, and they are committed to becoming an inclusive, anti-discriminatory organisation for the people they currently serve, the people who they have yet to serve, and for their staff and volunteers.
They recognise that not everyone will have had access to the same opportunities for numerous reasons and they are committed to acknowledging this in their recruitment processes.
Whatever your lived experience, your application is welcome. Your voice is important.
About the charity
This mental health charity is here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access their services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need this charity more than ever. Their work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- The Oxfordshire Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning activity.
They employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
Purpose of the role
To work in partnership with other trustees, the CEO and other senior Management Team to ensure that:
- The charity has a clear vision and that there is a common understanding of this by trustees and
- The charity has a long term strategic plan which supports the achievement of its vision and sets appropriate strategic priorities and objectives. (The charity and the CEO must also have shorter term operational plans and objectives which feed into the achievement of the strategic plan).
- The CEO’s annual and longer-term objectives and targets support the achievement of the vision, mission and strategic
- Board policies support the vision, mission and strategic
- There are effective mechanisms to be aware and take account of the needs and aspirations of current and future service users;
- There are effective mechanisms to review the external environment for changes that might affect Oxfordshire
- There are systems to review regularly the strategic plans and priorities and current staff
Click here for application details.