Khalsa Academies Trust seeks Non Executive Director with legal expertise
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Slough? Khalsa Academies Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Trust aims to provide inclusive outstanding schools based on Sikh values that inspire students to excel both academically and spiritually. The Trust builds this vision through a strong partnership between passionate staff, committed learners, inspiring Governors and dedicated parents. Khalsa Academies Trust is a three-school Multi Academy Trust supporting local communities to help establish and run Sikh schools.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
- Marketing / communications or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Post Covid recovery
- Educational Standards – turning schools rated ‘Good’ into ‘Outstanding’ schools.
- Financial Management – ensuring budgets are maintained and forecasted to allow for a surplus of funds.
- Brand Improvement – build and improve upon the reputation of the Trust across all stakeholders.
- Governance-To contribute to the improvement of governance within the board as the trust works to address the recent Termination Notice that has been issued to one of its academies, and moves forwards securing the best possible outcomes for children. Please see Trust Strategic Aims here
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please click here for further information.