Humanitarian Operations (HOPE) seeks to appoint a volunteer legal advisor
Humanitarian Operations (HOPE) is a charity organisation that aims to bring equal and fair education to the masses through a fun and engaging educational AR (Augmented Reality) app.
Your role as Legal Advisor will focus on supporting the legal side of enabling our current and future projects to run smoothly. This will be done through…
- Work with the Director to create and implement strategic plans for specific projects as well as the organization as a whole.
- Draft and review expert legal materials on matters of international law such as international and regional human rights law, international humanitarian law, and international refugee and asylum law.
- Draft and review expert legal materials on issues of UK law.
- Develop and implement law reform and litigation strategies.
- Create and lead efforts to inform and shape public opinions, such as by drafting opinion pieces and calls to action.
- Build and strengthen an international coalition of civil society organizations and academic experts addressing national security issues from a human rights perspective.
- Potentially, manage a small team of law and policy specialists.
- Be a strategic leader and thinker in the field of inequality and human rights.
- You are able to volunteer for the duration of three months, working at least three days per week.
What we are looking for?
HOPE is looking for a passionate and experienced legal professional who:
- You will have a postgraduate qualification in law, preferably having studied in several areas of international law, Intellectual law, Humanitarian law etc.
- You will have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in human rights.
- You have experience managing individuals or small teams.
- You are highly self-motivated, creative, open-minded, and a strategic thinker.
- You have a proven track record of promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You have advanced skills in strategic litigation, legislative advocacy, UN advocacy, or grassroots activism, including the development of detailed strategic plans.
- You have a demonstrable record of completing successful, complex projects in a timely manner.
- Ideally, has expertise in educational and human rights.
Your work at HOPE will help make a real impact on the lives of children, the homeless and disaster survivors around the world.
Joining at this phase of our company, you will be working towards our goal of minimising education inequality. Bringing new and positive education to anyone with access to a smartphone, in a fun and engaging way.
Your work will also help our team of young trailblazers that give their all in making their work, our platform and ethos a success.
Taking on this volunteer advisor role with Humanitarian Operations will have many benefits. This is an amazing opportunity for you to use your expertise to nurture a groundbreaking company, a team of talented young individuals and to play part in spreading happiness, love and hope around the world. We are trying to change the world for the better in ways no one has yet thought of. There is so much potential within our walls and it only gets better with your help.
Please click here for further information.