Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders seeks to appoint a solicitor or barrister to its board
We are looking to invite a Solicitor or Barrister onto our Board of trustees.
What will you be doing?
We have developed some close partnerships within the police and are looking for someone with legal knowledge and contacts within the judicial system to act as a specialist for future projects and as advisor to the board.
Safeguarding statement: FASD Awareness follow a robust procedure when selecting suitable applicants and are committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable people.
What are we looking for?
- You will be a Solicitor/Barrister
- A friendly, happy, welcoming approach
- An ability to engage with people of all ages and abilities
- Outgoing and personable
- Good listening skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Compassion and empathy
- The ability to make people feel at ease
- Be polite and courteous at all times, regardless of the situation
- Be willing to go the extra mile, even at busy times
What difference will you make?
To support the charity to provide its services to people living with FASD, and help with fundraising.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
- An understanding of FASD and how you can make a difference to the lives of individuals living with it
- Improved self-confidence and a sense of purpose
- Improved wellbeing
- Make new friends and colleagues
- Improved social skills
- Possible career advancement from learning new skills
Please click here for further information.