Advisory Committees on Justices of the Peace seeks Advisory Committee Lay Member for Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire
Volunteers are sought to sit as non-magistrate members on the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Advisory Committee. Successful applicants would be involved in interviewing and selecting prospective new magistrates, amongst other duties.
The successful candidate must possess:-
- good inter-personal skills;
- the ability to participate in selection interviews for candidate for the magistracy; good judgement of character and the ability objectively to assess evidence;
- the ability to communicate effectively; awareness of own prejudices and the ability to set them aside; discretion in handling confidential information; an understanding of or a willingness to acquire an understanding the needs of the benches served by the Committee;
- a willingness to talk about the magistracy and to participate in recruitment events;
- an ability to work as a member of a team; commitment and enthusiasm; and a willingness to undergo prescribed training.
Successful applicants must take part in a two-day training session before they can take part in the work of the Committee.
The interview of applicants and the training of newly appointed Committee members will be done online via Microsoft Teams.
Due to COVID 19 the interviews of prospective magistrates are also done online via Microsoft Teams.
Please click here for further information.