Slough Children First seeks Non-Executive Director – legal skills welcomed (paid role)
Children’s social care in Slough is on a significant improvement journey. We’ve learned from the past and achieved a great deal since Slough Children’s Services Trust was created in 2015. We’ve moved out of ‘inadequate’ for the first time in many years, but we know there is more still to do.
Our strong ambition is to deliver the very best services for our most vulnerable children, young people and their families. To achieve this, with the support of the Department for Education, we are creating a new organisation – Slough Children First. Wholly-owned by Slough Borough Council, this new organisation will be dedicated to keeping children at the heart of our work whilst we continue our journey to good and beyond.
We are now looking for an exceptional Chair and three Non-Executive Directors to lead the next stage of this journey.
We are looking for three Non-Executive Directors to join the Board. The Board will operate at a strategic level and is the responsible body for the performance, achievement and overall direction of the company.
Who they’re looking for
You will support the Chair and recently appointed Executive team to deliver Slough Children First’s vision and you must bring a passion for addressing the needs of young people and tackling the inequalities facing our society. We are creating a multi-disciplinary Board and are keen to attract a diverse range of individuals with backgrounds in finance, HR, risk, legal, digital engagement and cyber safety.
- Candidate pack downloadable from the website here
- We welcome all applications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, social background, religious beliefs, ethnicity or age.
- To find out more about these roles and for a confidential conversation contact Nancy Scott or Elise Kanareck on 020 7426 3370 at GatenbySanderson.
How to apply
- Deadline for applications is 16th April 2021.
- Timeline: Long listing w/c 26th April. Preliminary interviews w/c 10th May. Short listing w/c 17th May. Final panel w/c 24th May.
- To apply for this role, please submit the following through the website here:
(1) up to date copy of your CV
(2) a Supporting Statement that addresses the criteria set out in the person specification, using examples to demonstrate how you meet the essential requirements. Please provide your home, work, mobile and email contact details and let us know of any dates when you are not available or where you may have difficulty with the indicative timetable.
(3) You should also provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to approach your referees without your prior permission, please state this clearly.