Parents and Carers in the Performing Arts seeks new Trustee – governance experience welcomed
Our mission is to promote best practice employment and support for parents and carers in the performing arts sector by working collaboratively with the industry to develop and implement the PIPA Best Practice Charter and strategies for change, by data collection, research, and lobbying.
We are looking for Trustees who are passionate about their work and can bring new perspectives and diverse lived experience to our team, helping us lead the way in creating more inclusive, family friendly employment practices in Dance, Music, Opera and Theatre.
Trustees are the final decision-makers for the charity. The board’s main job is to set direction and have oversight of what’s going on, offering our co-CEOs strategy, scrutiny, and support. Trustees are unpaid volunteers but we reimburse expenses and ensure no-one is out of pocket from being on the board.
We are particularly interested in hearing from applicants who have experience of:
- Scaling up an organisation
- Developing or rolling out a national programme
- Developing income streams and new services, perhaps including digital and apps.
- Dance (especially if your experience is not in a building-based company) and/ or Opera;
- You may be a performer, a creative, or have a technical or managerial role.
- Working with socially disadvantaged communities
- Regulatory requirements with regards to data and fundraising
We are also keen to hear from people from a culturally diverse background (including Black, Asian, Dual Heritage and Other Ethnic Groups); D/deaf & Disabled people; people who are from a working class background; and/or who are fathers or male carers.
We warmly welcome applications from those who are new to trustee/ Board work as well as individuals who have a proven track record in governance roles.
Please click here for further information.