Engineers Without Borders UK seeks new Trustee with governance experience
We urgently need to balance the needs of all people with the needs of our planet. To achieve this, our movement is working to put global responsibility at the heart of engineering, to ensure a safe and just future for all. Together, we are redefining the borders of engineering.
We are now recruiting for a Trustee to join our Board of Trustees. We are looking for an individual with senior-level experience of sustainable development and/or driving positive change within engineering who can use their expertise to support the achievement of our 2021-2030 strategy.
Responsible for: Duties of a Trustee, e.g. adherence to charity regulations
Location: Remote, but ability to attend quarterly board meetings and subcommittee meetings in central London, UK is essential (when permitted under COVID-19 guidelines)
Type of post: Three-year term. Approximately one day per month.
Remuneration: Voluntary. Reasonable expenses can be reimbursed.
Application deadline: Midnight (GMT), Monday 31 May 2021 Interview date: w/c 14 June, virtually
Start date: As soon as possible, preferably in time for the June Board Meeting (Wednesday 30 June)
The role of our Trustees is vital to ensure effective governance of the organisation and to provide advice and assistance to our growing staff team. We are now looking for an individual with senior-level experience of sustainable development and/or driving positive change within engineering to join our Board of Trustees and use their expertise to support the achievement of our 2021-2030 strategy. Part of your role on the Board of Trustee will be to ensure that the Charity remains up to date with the latest requirements and good practice.
To ensure you’re the right person for the role and can achieve success for Engineers Without Borders UK, we think that the following skills, expertise and attitudes are essential for this Trustee role:
• Passionate about our purpose
• Senior level experience of sustainable development and/or driving positive change within engineering
• Ability to provide support and strategic guidance in relation to the sustainable growth of Engineers Without Borders UK within the engineering profession
• An understanding of the duties of a charity trustee
One or more of the following is highly desirable:
• Experience working with a governing board
• Experience working in an organisation related to social/environmental justice
• An ability to create opportunities for Engineers Without Borders UK and contribute to the growth of our movement With our new strategy, we are looking to broaden the skills and expertise on our Board of Trustees. Your ability to bring any of the following would be desirable.
• Experience of community/movement building
• Experience in influencing or advocacy (e.g. think tank/policy organisations)
• Experience with fundraising growth strategies (corporate and strategic income streams, in particular)
Please click here for further information.