Social care developer/provider ‘Turning Point Scotland’ seeks new Trustee with legal skills
Turning Point Scotland is Scotland’s leading social care developer and provider. From its origins offering services drug dependency over 20 years ago, it has since pioneered new approaches in a wide range of social care services to transform lives and to support some of the most vulnerable people in society as they take up active citizenship and build a sense of community. Central to this has been a guiding philosophy of shaping services to best fit the desired outcomes of the person receiving it, rather than the logistical needs of the service provider.
Turning Point Scotland is led by a board of Trustees and a highly experienced senior leadership team. TPS faces an exciting future at the heart of major changes in the provision of social care, nationally. It needs outstanding Trustees to support the next phase of this journey. They want people from a wide variety of backgrounds to join the Board and for individuals who have a passion for the potential of social care to make positive change across Scotland’s communities. Trustees are expected to visit and familiarise themselves with TPS services during their tenure on the board, and to challenge, offer alternative perspectives and support the strategic direction of TPS by using experience and expertise gained in a range of sectors. The board and executive work together in a respectful, supportive, and constructive manner. The existing board bring continuity and commitment and new trustees will bring inspiration, diversity and fresh thinking.
TPS is now looking to appoint 3 to 4 new Trustees to join the board from June 2021 onward. Trustees are recruited on the basis of the skills that they can offer but also on the basis of personifying the organisation’s values of respect, compassion, inclusion, and integrity. If you have a hunger to make a difference, they would love you to join their cause.
The board are keen to secure active, credible and informed thought leadership which will assist TPS to move into new Scottish leadership territory. Ideally candidates will brings skills and experience across one or more of the following areas:
- Strategy / Leadership
- HR / Organisational Development
Terms of Appointment
- All Trustees undertake their duties on a voluntary capacity. The Trust will reimburse travel expenses incurred to attend meetings, on request.
- Trustees are appointed for an initial period of 4 years, renewable for a further term of 4 years. As a guide, trustees should be prepared to give the equivalent of around 20 days’ work a year to TPS on a voluntary basis.
- The Trustees currently meet five times a year at the TPS offices in Glasgow with board meetings taking place in the early evening.
- The Trustees hold an Away Day every year to discuss strategy and review the policies and procedures.
- Trustees are also encouraged to spend time visiting services accompanied by a member of staff at least once a year. This typically requires a willingness to apply for PVG approval.
Please click here for further information and a link to the full candidate brief.