Homelessness charity ‘Ashford Place’ seeks Governance Trustee
Ashford Place provides support services to single homeless people as well as vulnerable people in our local community. We provide our services from our wholly owned Community Resource Centre. We are spearheading a significant change in the way support services are designed and delivered with an emphasis on personal responsibility, community cohesion and long term positive impact on individuals/communities.
We are looking for someone with a Governance and Compliance background who could as a Trustee help us be the best we can in supporting vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our local community.
We need a Trustee to work with our brilliant bunch of Trustees to keep us on the straight and narrow, legally speaking. We would be delighted to recruit someone who could help us with the following;
- Lead on policy review, amendment, and implementation, as well as ensuring we are compliant will all policies.
- Set out processes and work with senior staff and Trustees to ensure policies are implemented and embedded throughout our charity.
- Use your experience and expertise to ensure that we are complying with our governing document and other regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical governance knowledge and leadership and to keep abreast of any developments in the charity sector that are relevant to our charity.
- Assist in setting our long-term strategy, ensuring the charity meets its objects and purpose.
It would be great to welcome someone with senior experience in the Charity world and with governance and compliance experience. We are a well-regarded charity and work hard to improve the situation for many of our clients who are disadvantaged by health inequalities. We have proved our resilience as a charity during Covid-19 and looking forward we want to strengthen an already excellent Board of Trustees to help front-line staff continue their good work.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You would be part of a progressive successful mid-sized local charity that is well recognized and well regarded. We are an honest charity, emerging from Covid-19 quite well, have stayed in contact with over 1000 clients in the last year, and so you might like to be part of that?
Please click here for further information.