South Kent Mind seeks new Chair
South Kent Mind is seeking a new Chair to lead South Kent Mind and our Board of Trustees. The right candidate will be someone who can dedicate the time and commitment, preferably for a minimum of two years.
South Kent Mind is seeking a new Chair to lead and shape the strategic direction of South Kent Mind. If you are someone who relishes a challenge then leading the Board of Trustees at South Kent Mind will be that challenge, while working with a group of like-minded, passionate, experienced and friendly people.
We worked hard at South Kent Mind during the past year, in exceptionally difficult circumstances, to ensure we were providing much needed services to residents. Furthermore, we now have raft of new Trustees who are enthusiastic, supportive and have a wide breadth of experience and knowledge. This, coupled with a newly appointed full-time CEO, means we are in the exciting position of being ready to grow and expand our services. We are seeking a new Chair to lead this growth. The right candidate will be someone who can dedicate the time and commitment, preferably for a minimum of 2 years.
Principle roles and responsibilities include:
- Financial management
- Decision making
- Policy management
- Risk management
- Performance measurement
- Ambassador for the organisation
As Chair you will be required to:
- Lead South Kent Mind and liaise with National Mind and local Mind organisations and stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with its governing document, charity law, company law
- Lead the Board of Trustees in giving firm strategic direction, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
- Safeguard the good name and value of the organisation
- Ensure financial stability and effective administration
- Chair the Trustee Board meetings and AGM, prepare and plan agenda, ensure agreed actions are implemented
- Direct and support the CEO
- Attend key internal and external meetings
- Ensure the Board of Trustees is comprised of a diverse range of skills, experience and knowledge
Board of Trustee meetings take place every two months. Currently these meetings take place remotely, but we hope to resume meetings in our Folkestone-based centre as soon as it is possible to do so. You will also be required to attend meetings with the CEO, staff and the charity’s sub-committee meetings and duties between board meetings.
Please click here for further details.