Independent Provider of Special Education Advice seeks new Trustee with governance expertise
We are recruiting voluntary positions to join our Board of Trustees. Help us support families to get the right education for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
Who we are
We work to ensure that children and young people with SEND receive the educational support they are legally entitled to. Since IPSEA was formed in 1983, we have helped to improve the education experience of thousands of children and young people with all kinds of SEND. We do this by providing free and independent legally-based information, advice and casework support via a network of highly trained volunteers.
Who are we looking for?
We wish to recruit new trustees with complementary skills to those of our current board members. We welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds. Whether you’re an experienced trustee or wanting to take your first step at board level, we want to hear from you.
As a trustee, you will:
- Receive induction, training and reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses
- Have the opportunity to make strategic decisions and develop new skills
- Get the opportunity to network with senior professionals
- Contribute to ensuring that children and young people with SEND receive the education they are legally entitled to
We welcome applications from anyone with an interest in IPSEA’s mission, although we are particularly interested in hearing from people who have lived experience of SEND or with expertise and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Charity governance
- Management at board/committee level
- Digital technology/transformation
- Monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Volunteer management
Please note: a lack of expertise in these areas will not be a bar to an application being considered.
The expected time commitment is six trustee meetings per year (meetings are usually held in central London), usually one strategic planning day and some other ad hoc time for occasional meetings and events.
For a link to the full candidate pack, please click here.