Charity for adults with learning disabilities seeks new Trustee – legal skills welcomed
Pursuing Independent Paths (“PiP”) are looking for trustees. This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills to provide strategic support to an organisation that helps adults with learning disabilities to achieve their potential and move towards independence.
Our board of trustees works together to ensure PIP’ work is sustainable and accountable by exercising good governance and following all necessary policies and procedures. In addition to your statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the trustee has special expertise.
- Ensure your charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit
- Comply with your charity’s governing document and the law
- Act in your charity’s best interests
- Ensure your charity is accountable
- Manage your charity’s resources responsibly
- Act with reasonable care and skill
We want to diversify our Board to better reflect the communities we support, to sharpen our thinking, and bring richness to our decision-making. This means we would particularly welcome applicants from Black, Asian and minorities ethnic backgrounds, disabled people and/or people who identify as female.
We are looking for individuals with skills and knowledge around governance, experience in the charity sector, education, public service, social care, local authority, legal, HR as well as the following attributes:
- A commitment to PiP and its objectives.
- Good, independent judgement
- Strategic vision
- A willingness to speak their mind
- An understanding of legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a Trustee
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- An ability to think creatively
Please click here for further information.