Ministry of Justice seeks Non-Executive Director & Non-Executive Director for Audit & Risk Committee
The Ministry of Justice is seeking to recruit two Non-Executive Directors, one of whom will also sit on the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
Non-Executives provide external advice and expertise, from an independent standpoint which informs the Department’s decision-making process.
Key Responsibilities are to:
- Sit on the Departmental Board, chaired by the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice;
- Sit on the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee chaired by a fellow Non-Executive (one role only);
- Advise on performance, transformation, operational issues and the effective management of the Department;
- Provide independent scrutiny as part of the Department’s governance;
- Work with Executives to continue to improve Departmental performance;
- Constructively challenge the Board and Executives on Departmental strategy and risks to its delivery; and
- Ensure that Departmental finances are being managed properly.
The successful candidates will be highly effective senior leaders in their own organisations, either already operating at Board level or with clear potential to do so.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Senior leadership experience in large and complex organisations
- Experience of leading major projects from initiation, through development and to delivery
- Experience of risk, performance and financial management
- Sound judgement and a high level of integrity, with a commitment to the seven principles of conduct in public life
We are particularly looking for candidates who have leadership experience and expertise in one or more of the following:
- The use of digital technology to drive transformation, innovation or process automation, leading to improved outcomes or efficiencies;
- Using data and analysis to drive performance improvement and better decision-making;
- Leadership in complex operational environments, such as logistics or large organisations providing services across multiple locations.
One of two roles being recruited to will sit on the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee. Previous experience of a similar governance role would be desirable.
Please click here for further information.