Contemporary classical music organisation ‘Ensemble Matters’ seeks new Trustee – lawyer sought
Ensemble Matters is recruiting trustees to assist in our incorporation as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO).
Founded in 2019, Ensemble Matters is a London-based group dedicated to contemporary classical music and cross-arts collaborations. Our repertoire ranges from the modern classics to newly commissioned music, alongside older music that is worth revisiting in a new light.
We matter as we believe in the importance of music today. Amidst the quickening pace of the world, music has the unique power that demands us to pause time, wonder, and contemplate. It refines the way we see the world. It refreshes our existence. And the music that we bring to you does exactly that.
What We Did So Far
Our past projects include the performance of Schoenberg’s Pierrot Lunaire and the world premiere of Romantic Remnants – an interdisciplinary collaboration between music, dance, motion graphics, and visual art, commissioned by the Bloomsbury Festival and funded by the Hong Kong Arts Development Council. Apart from live physical events, we also run our “Bite Matters” Call-for-Scores, from which we select and record the winning works to be showcased on our digitial platforms. More can be found on our dedicated “Past Projects” webpage.
Who Are We Seeking
To make our incorporation process smooth, we have a need to recruit at least 3 trustees. We would particularly welcome applications from people from the Asian, African or African-Caribbean diasporas; people living with disabilities; and those based in, or with strong links to, London, as we want to be more representative of our local demographics. Through a skills audit, we have established that the following skills are particularly needed:
- Artistic experience – people who work in the arts sector as creators and/or producers and/or managers
- Fundraising – people who have experience of raising money for charitable causes
- Marketing, media and stakeholder relations – people who have a professional interest in brand-building, advocacy and communications
- Legal & Accounting – a lawyer, with experience in the education, entertainment or events industry, and/or with law / accounting background
- Education – people working in primary, secondary, or tertiary education settings
- Equality, diversity & inclusion – people who can help Ensemble Matters as part of its drive to become ever more representative of society
Please click here for further information.