Family support charity ‘YourStory’ seeks legal trustee
YourStory is a multi-skilled organisation, mentoring vulnerable young people and supporting their families in London since 2003. We are seeking a Trustee experienced in the Legal sector preferably with board experience.
What will you be doing?
As a trustee of YourStory your role will be to protect and direct the organisation. Working alongside Board colleagues you will agree and set out the long-term strategy and the framework within which YourStory must function. As a voluntary non-executive director/trustee of the charity, you will have duties towards Companies House, Charities Commission and fiscal duties towards YourStory, in addition to work with fellow Trustees and key stakeholders.
Key duties and responsibilities are;
- To provide support to the Board on legal issues for the charity.
Strategic accountabilities are;
- Use your judgement to contribute to the Board to ensure that YourStory has maximum impact for the young people it supports and key stakeholders.
- Support the Board members in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of YourStory
- Support the Board and Management team in overseeing the work of YourStory and in doing so help attain good internal financial and management controls.
- Support the board in identifying, reviewing and responding to major risks to which YourStory is exposed.
What are we looking for?
YourStory charity is looking to recruit a trustee preferably with experience at board level and legal expertise.
Ideally either an employment lawyer or a commercial contracts lawyer you will undertake a lead role for the Board of Trustees on all matters associated with the legal aspects of the organisation.
Contributing to the board will enable YourStory to have maximum positive impact for the young people and their families. Your contribution will also help ensure YourStory to remain effective as a charity in the medium to long term.
Please click here for further information.