RSPCA Ashford, Tenterden and District Branch seeks new Trustee – Legal/GDPR Lead
Our Branch trustees lend their professional skills to our charity to help us work towards our goal of being there for all animals in need. We’re looking for someone with a legal background, and GDPR knowledge.
What will you be doing?
Trustees are volunteers who use their skills to direct how a charity is managed and run, to enable it to meet its charitable purpose. We are looking for a trustee with a legal background, with knowledge of GDPR to help ensure the Branch is compliant. This role is made up of two key components, this specialist role, and the core trustee role, outlined below:
• Assist the Branch in ensuring that activities are GDPR compliant and reviewing and updating the Branch processing activities register.
• Support the Branch in developing and updating Branch policies, particularly the Branch privacy notice and internal data protection policy, to make sure they are compliant.
• The Branch may occasionally enter into new leases with regards to its charity shops; so liaising with external specialists for advice if it does not fall under your area of expertise.
• To assist the Branch when developing new schemes to ensure any new schemes are GDPR compliant.
Core Trustee Role:
- To be familiar with and support the aims and policies of the RSPCA.
- To work in conjunction with your fellow trustees and branch officers and jointly act in making decisions for the best interest of the branch and the RSPCA.
- Ensure the branch meets all the minimum animal welfare standards (MAWS). Where they are not met, work with national RSPCA staff to meet the standard as soon as practicable.
- In conjunction with your fellow trustees and Branch Partnership Manager write, adopt, monitor & review a branch development plan setting out the short and long term aims of your branch.
- To actively participate in branch committee meetings and to attend the branch annual general meeting.
- To attend the trustee training course.
- Where applicable and in conjunction with your fellow trustees, ensure the proper management and control of all activities and decisions relating to any premises held or staff employed by the branch.
- To act at all times as a good ambassador for the branch and the society.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a volunteer to join us as a trustee, who can take the lead on legal matters and GDPR.
We would welcome applications from anyone with a legal background or experience in GDPR, with a real passion for working with animals.
As a local Branch we would ideally be looking for candidates who are local to the Branch area (primarily Ashford and surrounding areas), although applications from further afield will be considered, for the right candidate.
What difference will you make?
Simply by donating your time and expertise to the charity, you will help us to ensure our charity is compliant with legal requirements, which ensure we can continue to help those animals and people most in need of our help.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
Volunteering with us is a great way to meet like-minded people who share your enthusiasm for animal welfare. You will have the opportunity to gain new skills and develop existing ones, whilst making a real difference to the lives of animals.
New RSPCA trustees are provided with a trustee welcome pack and offered an opportunity to attend a training course which provides information and guidance about a trustee’s role and responsibilities. We have staff members working for the National Society who offer dedicated support to Branch trustees.
Please click here for further information.