The Caldecott Foundation seeks new Trustee with expertise in family law
The Caldecott Foundation provides specialist residential care, fostering families and education for disadvantaged, vulnerable and traumatised young people in the UK.
An exciting opportunity to join Trustees and staff helping some of the most vulnerable children in our society to build a future and reach their potential by supporting the board with your knowledge and expertise in family and children law.
- Undertaking a lead role for the Board of Trustees on all matters associated with the legal aspects of the organisation
- Using knowledge obtained through your career and legal work to help inform the organisation’s strategic plans
- Working with Senior Management and other trustees to foster a better understanding within the Board of the legal aspects of the organisation
- Acting as a critical friend to the organisation’s executive team when obtaining and acting on legal advice
- Working alongside the Managing Director and staff helping them achieve the aims of the organisation and to optimise the relationship between the board of Trustees and senior management team
- Ensuring that the organisation pursues its objects and responsibilities as defined in its governing document, Charity Law, Company Law and other relevant legislation/regulations
- Experience as a solicitor and/or directly working in the field of family and children law
- Someone with a passion for helping the most vulnerable children build a future and reach their potential
- Someone with significant experience of operating at a senior level of business, preferably within an organisation which links to children and young people or someone who has worked with children and/or vulnerable adults in the past
- Willingness to speak your mind but also listen to the views of different people before reaching a decision
What’s in it for the volunteer?
This is an exciting time to get involved with the work of the Caldecott Foundation, providing oversight of the organisation’s legal aspects and adding to the existing skills of fellow Trustees. This is an opportunity to get involved with the Caldecott Foundation at a strategic level, having a direct impact on the decision-making processes which will affect the organisation’s future as well as the quality, impact and thoroughness of its service delivery.
Please click here for application details.