Long COVID charity ‘Breathe On’ seeks legal trustee
As a trustee, of this new charity, you will be responsible for overall governance and strategy & developing its aims, objectives and goals in accordance with appropriate guidelines, legal and regulatory guidelines.
What will you be doing?
A trustee will have a range of responsibilities. These responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the organisation complies with guidelines, legislation and any other legislation or regulations
- Making sure that the organisation pursues defined goals in line with its stated objectives.
- Monitoring the financial position and ensuring that it operates within its means and that there are clear lines of accountability for financial management
- Ensuring that the resources of the organisation are used only to pursue legitimate objectives.
- Contributing to the board of trustees’ role of providing strategic direction and supporting the development of policies, goals and targets.
- Maintaining the good name of the organisation.
- Making sure that the administration of the organisation is carried out efficiently.
- Ensuring the financial stability of the organisation.
- Scrutinising board papers and other communications
Therefore the trustees will carry out business on behalf of the charity. In your role, as a trustee, you will help to protect the wealth and assets of the organisation. You will be legally responsible for the assets and debts of a trust. Specifically, as Legal trustee you will –
- Undertaking a lead role for the Board of Trustees on all matters associated with the legal aspects of the organisation.
- Using knowledge obtained through your career and legal work to help inform the organisation’s strategic plans.
- Working with Senior Management and other trustees to foster a better understanding within the Board of the legal aspects of the organisation.
- Acting as a critical friend to the organisation’s executive team when obtaining and acting on legal advice
What are we looking for?
Volunteers will possess expertise in the the field of Human Resources. You will need to have the following qualities.
- Legal experience (Public or private sector)
- Strategic vision and good, independent judgement
- Skills and ability to ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Knowledge and experience of the charity sector
- We want a diverse board where all members of the community are represented and encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds
They will wish to work with the officials of the charity to support people with long term Covid. They will be ambassadors for the charity in the wider world.
Long COVID may prove to be a life changing medical condition for a great many people. They will need the best help and support possible. Breathe On will be the only charity dedicated to advocacy for people with Long Covid and COVID.