Queens Theatre Hornchurch seeks new Chair
Are you a forwarding thinking volunteer, experienced in chairing meetings, with a strong connection to Outer East London and/or Essex, keen to lead an ambitious, diverse group of charitable trustees?
In addition to fulfilling the requirements of a Board member, the Chair will: Optimise the relationship between the Board and the staff.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Board of Directors and Trustees, enabling the Board to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity.
- Provide leadership for the Board in their role of setting the strategy and policy of the organisation
- Plan the annual cycle of Board meetings and set the agendas
- Chair and facilitate the Board meetings
- Give directions to Board policy making
- Ensure that decisions taken at Board meetings are implemented
- Act as a spokesperson for the organisation where appropriate
- Liaise with the Artistic Director and Executive Director to keep an overview of the theatre’s affairs and to provide support as appropriate
- Review and appraise the performance of the Artistic Director and Executive Director
- Act as final stage adjudicator for disciplinary and grievance procedures if required
- Lead the appointment process for the joint Chief Executives and organise the recruitment process
The Chair may designate and delegate any task to the Deputy Chair as appropriate.
Please click here for a link to the recruitment pack and application details.