Woman United – charity for empowering women – seeks to appoint new Trustee with charity law/governance expertise
Woman United is looking for Board of Trustees members who can help take our work to the next level, and help women around the world discover the power of their voice to create change in the space of gender equality.
Our London-based charity began with a dream of helping to empower women through creative visual storytelling with an eye on changing the stories we tell about women and the way women see themselves. Since our humble beginnings, our vision has evolved and our dreams have grown, and we need to build a core team of trustees who are ready to help us execute this expanded vision. While our founding board brilliantly helped to create this vision over our first year, we are now ready to build upon the foundation they built with new perspectives, networks, and more aligned skill sets.
This is an opportunity to shape the future of an organisation with the potential to make waves through an innovative and creative approach to charity work.
We’re looking for trustees with substantial knowledge and/or experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Traditional and Modern Fundraising
- Digital Marketing and Advertising
- Photography, Film, and the Arts
- Activism and public speaking
- Business development and e-commerce
- Academic research expertise in gender equality, domestic abuse, and women’s rights issues
- Experience in charity law and governance
You’re the kind of human who:
- Has a knack for communicating a compelling sense of purpose to others, inspiring and leading others with an attitude of hope, vision, and kindness
- Gets excited about mentoring and guiding those less experienced
- Is enthusiastically able to build and use their networks to make introductions for Woman United (e.g. to facilitate fundraising or advocacy or campaigning)
- Thrives on systems change, going against the status quo, and standing up for and doing what is right, not easy.
- Believes in the power of creativity, storytelling, and vulnerability to inspire connection and change.
- Loves a challenge, and Is willing to roll up their sleeves to do what needs to be done to help us build something special and gets excited in a start-up environment where there is a lot of learning, growth, and change happening.
- Wants to build an environment of inclusivity and positivity (but not the toxic kind!), and be an active cheerleader and champion for all team members.
- Embraces modern, innovative, and digital approaches to non-profit work, fundraising, and marketing.
As we are a new and small organisation with only one staff member, we need board members who are willing and available to have a more hands-on role and commit to helping to shape and promote our work consistently. You must be able to attend our virtual Board meetings every other month and participate in direct actions including active digital and in-person fundraising, networking, outreach, and strategy sessions with the Creative director.
Woman United is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive organisation and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups and those with lived experience with the systemic gender-based issues we champion.
While we would love applications from those with experience in the charity sector, we welcome applicants from all work experiences and industries as in the end, a charity is still a business!
Please click here for further information.