Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne seeks new Trustee with legal background
Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne provides advice people need for the problems they face as well as improve policies and practices that affect people’s lives. The service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone.
Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne have exciting plans for our future, and we are seeking new volunteer Trustees to help lead and guide our progress, working with the Chief Officer to deliver our strategic plan.
What will you be doing?
We have identified some skills that would strengthen our Board and are looking for up to four new Trustees to joins us.
The Trustees hold the Chief Officer to account for the Charity’s mission and vision. As a Trustee you will:
- Complete an introduction for your role.
- Maintain an awareness of how Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne is operating.
- Read papers for Board meetings and attend up to ten meetings per year.
- Work on specific projects with other Trustees or staff within Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne to further the strategic objectives of Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne.
- Take an active part in discussion during Board meetings and work with other Trustees to set policy and strategy direction, set targets and evaluate the performance of Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne.
- Monitor the financial position of Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne, ensuring that it operates within its means and objectives, ensuring that there are clear lines of accountability for day to day financial management.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for Trustees who can be a passionate and persuasive advocate for our aims and principles, and inspire our team of over 40 volunteers, fellow Trustees, and stakeholders alike.
We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with a successful track record in the following fields: legal, marketing and communications or governance. We would also value Trustees that would want to join us and develop skills while working with us.
The Board are committed to diversifying its members so whether you are an experienced Trustee or wanting to take your first step as a Trustee, we would like to hear from you.
What difference will you make?
Volunteers are at the heart of the Citizens Advice service and we could not provide the service we do without them. The majority of our charity’s impact has come from our wonderful team of volunteers throughout the organisation.
Strong and efficient governance, based on a Trustee Board with a wide range of skills is essential to our charity’s ongoing work and allows us to continue to make a difference to people’s lives.
Attendance is expected at 10 Board meetings per year. Meetings last around 90 minutes and are currently held by zoom with some in-person meetings being re-introduced over time.
As a small charity, there will be times when the Trustees will need to be actively involved beyond Board meetings. This may involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the Trustee has special expertise.
Estimated time to allow is 10 hours per month.
Please click here for a link to the Trustee Candidate Pack with application details.