Connect: North Korea seeks new Trustee with legal expertise
Connect: North Korea is a London-based organisation which enables North Korean escapees to build the new lives they deserve. It supports North Koreans to build their resilience. We are recruiting at least 1 new trustee with legal expertise.
Connect: North Korea is a sister charity of Korea Future Initiative (T/A Korea Future). Both charities are governed by the same Board of Trustees.
Korea Future investigates human rights violations in North Korea to accelerate justice and support accountability. It is currently undertaking a multi-year documentation project focused on the North Korean penal system. It maintains offices in London and Seoul.
We are recruiting at least 1 new trustee with expertise in international human rights and/or immigration law to join our Board. The ideal candidate will have experience as a trustee in the charity sector and have knowledge of charity law.
Trustees are appointed for a 3-year term and they sit on the board of both organisations. The board is made up of 7 independent trustees who sit with the Chief Executive Officer of both organisations at Trustee meetings.
We are seeking at least 1 person with extensive international human rights and/or immigration law experience to join our team. The ideal candidate will have previous trustee experience and knowledge of charity law.
The role will involve:
- Offering legal expertise to trustees and the senior management team on the development and execution of the organisations’ strategic plans.
- Ensuring the organisation complies with statutory and regulatory requirements from a legal perspective
- Support the organisations to identity legal risks.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS FOR ALL TRUSTEES
- Provides guidance for the organisations within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risks to be assessed and managed
- As part of the board sets the strategic aims of the charities, ensures that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the organisation to meet its objectives.
- Sets the values and standards of the organisations and ensures that their obligations to their stakeholders are understood and met
- Ensures that effective Governance and control procedures are in place within the organisations
Please click here for further information.