Ancient Tree Forum seeks new Chair and Trustees
The Ancient Tree Forum (ATF) is seeking a Chair and two trustees to embrace the exciting opportunity to strengthen the future of an influential environmental charity.
The ATF is the leading authority on the conservation of ancient and other veteran trees and is the only organisation in England and Wales focusing solely on their protection and sustainability.
Who we are looking for:
For the role of Chair, we are looking for someone who:
- Is a collegiate leader
- Has a flexible approach
- Is well-connected with other environmental organisations
- Shares ATF’s values, strategic direction & vision
For the trustee roles:
- A “tree” trustee with skills, knowledge, and experience in ancient and other veteran trees – desirable, with skills in related or wider environmental knowledge as essential. Please see the longer list in the candidate pack.
- A trustee with understanding and experience of the charity sector/civil society’s operating and environment and at least one other desirable skill/experience from the following:
- Charity governance – desirable
- Experience of charities in a senior management role – desirable
- Charity law and compliance – desirable
- Charity finance – desirable
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion – desirable
Please see the full list of skills, knowledge and experience we are seeking in the trustee person specification section of the candidate packs on our website.
All trustee roles are unremunerated, although out of pocket expenses will be paid.
The time commitment for Chair is 3-4 days per month, while the time commitment for the trustee roles is around 8-10 hours per month.
For further information, please click here.