Wheatsheaf Hall in Vauxhall seeks new Trustee with legal expertise
We are recruiting trustees to help take our ambitious, not-for-profit, community-led and volunteer-run venue in Vauxhall from unincorporated status to registered charity.
We need trustees, preferably with experience of setting up new charities, to support our existing long-serving and committed team of volunteers, in particular our Chair and our Treasurer/Secretary.
We meet once a month with the rest of the volunteers and representatives of user groups to run the organisation. We would appreciate individuals with legal, financial or other professional expertise to help steer us through this important phase in our development.
If you are local to Vauxhall, we would be especially pleased to hear from you, as we pride ourselves on our local focus and contact with the community. Join our friendly and ambitious team of young professionals and local residents at this exciting time in our journey.
We would appreciate individuals with legal, financial or other professional expertise to help steer us through this important phase in our development.
Our ideal trustee would
- be local to Vauxhall
- be well-connected to the local area or be willing to develop contacts
- be good at networking
- be a good team-player
- be committed to our values of providing an accessible, affordable meeting space for our immediate community
- help us ensure that we comply with our governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- help ensure that we pursue our objects as defined in our governing document
- be able to help manage our financial obligations
- help in setting policy for the future