Ealing Mencap seeks new Trustee with legal expertise
Join our Board of Trustees, and play a big part in making sure we offer people with learning and other disabilities greater choice and the very best opportunities in life.
Trustees are there to ensure we work in a way that reflects our vision, mission and values. And that we spend our funds in a cost-conscious way to achieve the best impact.
Our Vision – Disabled people will have every opportunity throughout their life to achieve their full potential.
Our Mission – To change society so that disabled people can fully enjoy their rights and live happily and independently as possible.
Who are we and what we do
We give children and adults with learning and other disabilities the opportunity to achieve their full potential and live as independently as possible.
Ealing Mencap is a charity that was set up in 1965. We’re part of the Mencap network. We raise our own funds and operate entirely independently of the national organisation.
Changing lives for the better:
- We offer a wide variety of services that put people and their families first
- provide free advice and support that enables people with learning and other disabilities to move forward
- we stand up for people with learning disabilities, enabling them to speak out and get their voices heard
- we forge alliances with other organisations – like borough councils, businesses and charities
- use our specialist knowledge, experience and insight in the area of learning disabilities to enable our communities and partners to give people a better future.
What we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you whatever your professional background and whether or not you have experience as a Trustee. The important thing is that you’re passionate about changing the lives of those with learning disabilities. However we are keen to hear from you if you have skills or experience in the following areas:
- Accountancy/Finance as our Treasurer
- HR and Legal
We welcome applicants of any background, particularly those who are under-represented in the communities we work within and have an understanding of social action.
The Charity is governed by a Board of Trustees who meet on a quarterly basis to provide strategic direction, oversight of the work of the charity and to give support to the Chief Executive and the Senior Management Team (SMT).
Please click here for further information.