Children’s charity ‘Merlin’s Magic Wand’ seeks new Trustee with governance experience
Merlin’s Magic Wand is the children’s charity partner of Merlin Entertainments – the company behind attractions such as LEGOLAND Resort® theme parks and Madame Tussauds.
The charity provides magical experiences for children who need them most via 3 “magic spells” – Magical Days Out provides attraction tickets and travel grants for families; Magic on Tour takes the magic of the attractions into local communities, and Merlin’s Magic Spaces transforms areas into colourful, sensory spaces.
We are now seeking a new Trustee (Pro Bono) who can bring both experience and insight to support the charity’s continued growth across the globe with particular emphasis on providing counsel on fundraising activities and connecting us with a wider network of benefactors. We are looking for the following:
- Director/senior level experience within a global charity (preferably related to supporting children).
- Fundraising experience in a global context – ideally including the US.
- Understanding of charity governance (possibly through prior experience of being a charity trustee).
- Ability to make time for 3 scheduled board meetings per annum (2hrs in length) – ideally at least 1 in person.
- Ability to provide time outside of board meetings for updates/correspondence with the Charity Manager and Fundraising and Partnerships Manager (approx. 1 hour per month).
As a Trustee, you will have the opportunity to advise on our strategic objectives to achieve this aim, including;
Corporate partnerships and income diversification – The charity has primarily been known to Merlin Entertainments attractions and employees and we are looking to maintain this great relationship whilst building awareness and income generation channels externally.
Campaigning to reach more children and their families – Interactive and educational activities for supporters to get involved with, a vibrant recent brand refresh with upcoming website upgrade, and development of our Ambassador programme.
Operational efficiency – The charity has a little team with big dreams! We are in the process of implementing a new applications system in order to welcome and manage the anticipated increase in demand for our Magical Days Out programme. We will continue to pursue technological developments and greater operational effectiveness so that we can reach more children and families with Merlin magic.
Please click here for further information.